Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meet : Immortal Imhotep




Today we are kicking it with a new inspiring rapper named Immortal Imhotep aka Hiram Abiff. Soldya Muzik is gonna go in and see where exactly Immortal's mind is at these days. Make sure you look for him on the new "Tha Advocate and Ballerstatus.com present Digital Dynasty Volume 5...HOSTED BY Crooked I ..he has a psa letting yall know what to look for.
For starts where did your stage name come from?

My stage name comes from the ancient Egypt/kmt/tamare and it means “he who comes in peace”. Now the name Hiram Abiff is ancient Muurish Science and it basically is talkin’ about us and how we fell into ignorance.


Thats Deep..I dig That ....Where are you reppin?

I was born in DC but, I grew up in Langley Park, MD. Now I stay out in Landover.

Instead of doing something else what made you want to make music?

Good question. When I was about 11yrs old I bought this PE record called Mi Uzzi weighz a ton. I didn’t know what to expect but, needless to say I was blown. What really set me in motion was the album “It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back. I still do other things like I love computers. I am goin back to school to finish my computer science degree. I have started a computer consulting firm called Finesse Consulting. Whatever you need, I got dat.

Who were the most influential rappers you ever heard that made you get into music?

Chuck D made me want to do hip hop but I listened to LL, BDK, the Juice Crew, Run DMC, Doug E, Slick Rick, Kool Moe, KRS, and Rakim.

Are you happy with the recognition you have been getting for being featured on several Digital Dynasty Mixtapes?

OH Yeah, I am very thankful to the most high for blessing me with the opportunity to share my music and voice with the world.



Are you on a label? If so let us know.....

I am not on a label but, I have my own indie label Bamboo Entertainment Group LLC. I am in contact with a few labels, Def Jam, Atlantic, Asylum, & Sony.


Any new projects coming out?

Yeah, I am in the process of finishin my ep Charlottes Web “Blood In My Eye”. Also by summers end I will release my debut double cd From Kingz Queenz 2 Niggaz $ Bytchez Vol 1. The Inferno. I know long title. (Laughs). That damn PE. HAHAHA.

Any features?

Only my crew, Rome, Moe, Skillz Ferguson, Subkrew, and illclassics.

What type of beats do you typically lean towards?

I’m from the ol’ school so my music may remind you of Preemo, Large Pro, Pete Rock. One of my producers wize technique come up off those cats. I also dig The Bomb Squad. So when I do my beats it will have those raw drums but, I’ll take it to another level.

Are you disapointed in HipHop nower days or impressed with it?

For the past 13yrs this shyt been butt cheeks. Master P’s UUUUGGGHHH. Straight toilet. P Diddy got famous offa Big. P Shyttty. Then we bling blinged. Then the ROC. But, in between all the BS we had some diamonds: Blak Starr, MF Doom, GFK, Dead Prez, Common Sense, and on the west KAM, WC, e40, Yukmouth, etccc.



If you can hop in a time machine ..what year of hiphop would you go to? and why?

96 and knock some phukkin sense into Mr Makaveli and drag his crazy ass away from Suge Knight and def row. Yeah, def row. Wasted talent.



How would you describe your style of hiphop?

My style of hip hop is revolutionary, spiritually, knowledge, self awareness, harmony, peace, war, love, political, etcc..


Whats your goal for the hiphop game?

My goal is to spread knowledge and nation build.


Does you agenda include trying to change whats going on nowerdays?

I want to change the scope by trying to bring balance to the airwaves and tv/film. Right now the powers that be want us to stay ignorant and kill each other. But we have artists such as yourself and others who are making a big difference in bringin’ heat to the weak.

Does it frustrate you that to get major spins or radio play you have to make booty music or use auto tune ?

Of course. Like I said previously, you know, this is basically all by design. Even the R&B is garbage now. For the most part. There is no soul comin from the voices of this generation.


Speaking of that how played out is Auto Tune right now?

Its been played but, you know the majors are gonna ride for probly 2 more years.


You're Probobally Right ....If you had to compare yourself to any 2 rappers dead or alive ..who would they be?

Some of my kats say Pac, alive would be Brotha J. Pac for the passion and J for his revolutionary stance.
Here at Soldya Muzik we like to ask our features some questions that really are out of the norm. We do this because it gives the fans a broader outlook on you.So lets get it cracking ....
Lets keep it real ..Is Chris Browns career over?

To me yes. See the young do not have guidance. They just sing, get a deal, get money, and e’rything peachy. But we have to start back at home. He didn’t have proper upbringing and neither did Rihanna. But, that’s no excuse to beat women. Talent isn’t everything. You must have proper behavior, manners, and a positive outlook on life.

Are you more concerned with the state you live in or the state of hiphop?

I’m more concerned about the state we live in. this society is doomed. So what Barack is in. I don’t vote. I was gonna vote for Mckinney. Barack is worse than bush jus b/c he black. If we don’t organize and build bridges of knowledge and self awareness with each other, its over. Now congress is tryin’ to shut down indie labels and radio by makin people pay more and keep the playlist to an even lower minimum.


Name one reality show you want off the air for ever?

College hill, and the other one I forget the name. Well I don’t watch tv. I mainly read books based on spirituality, law, and getting out of this USA corporation founded in 1871. We need to go back to the original US Republic. I’m studying law now and that’s where its at.


Who won the battle Joe Budden or Saigon?

HHHMMMM. Wow. I like both. I’ll go wit Saigon. He raw.
Back To The Norm.......


Name 1 song you've done that will have the Soldya Muzik viewers hooked!?

Mainstreet Mission.


Thanks for hollering at us and in closing give any shoutouts...F.U.'S or whatevers clever?

I wanna give a shout out to My moms and pops, my click Subkrew, 3rd Degree, Team LaVela, Professor Griff of PE. We need to link up again. All the real hiphop cats and Phuck the roman catholic church, the Pope, politicians, phuck Crefho dollar, rev price, TD Snakes, dirty moors, Jesse Jack ASS, Al Sharp Tounge, freemasons, secret societies, ARMY NAVY AIR FORCE MARINES(I’m talking about the corporation itself and not the ignorant soldiers who die for their cause). I think that’s it. DMV stand up. Peace the Advocate again for takin the time interview me. Hopefully soon, I’ll return the favor. Oh yeah, say what up to Stat Quo. One of my connects Tracey Smith helped him get his deal with Shady/Aftermath. She’s now the President of Chopper City Records. One. And I’ll be back.














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tight interview. dude seems legit

imhotep said...

yo, this Imhotep. When i was talkin' bout P, Diddy and The Roc i was mainly talkin bout overall lyrical content. Of Jay has one of the best flows out there but, he even said he would be talib kweli but since he made so much money, he aint been common since. For the most part of these 10+, there has been no upliftment period. I mean the only person from the Roc who i think has somethin' is Beans. His joint The B Comin' is the best in beat selection and overall content. I have heard some Freeway, i think his last joint should've got more promo.

imhotep said...

Also, if you do some investigation into the Ramon Catholic Church and the Pope, your world of belief might get shattered. What i do recommend is buy this book called Vatican Assasins. google the title and it should pop up. there are some pics of saddam hussein bowing down before the pope. Why is that?