Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Meet - Roscoe Da Balla
























From Texas to your town you might have heard of Roscoe Da Balla. His break out single "Honor Me" is starting to make its mixtape rounds on the internet and mixtapes. He made an impressive appearance on Tha Advocate callabo track "The N.E.W. PT 2". Now today, Soldya Muzik is chopping it up with Roscoe Da Balla .....





SoldyaMuzik:Where are you reppin?

R.D.B.: Southwest Fort Worth, Texas

SoldyaMuzik:Being from Texas are you worried it will be harder to get on? Specially since most Texas artists aren't selling nowerdays?

R.D.B.: Not really. We still have some solid MC's out here... Chamillionaire, Scarface, Bun B, ect... Plus, North Texas music and H-Town music are two different flavors. The music I do showcases a universal style that you hear on the block from many cats who got flow, but that's not what usually makes it to the stores or in the press.

SoldyaMuzik:Are you happy with the reaction to your songs that were featured on ballerstatus. com's Digital Dynasty mixtape series?

R.D.B.: Oh, fa sho. I've been getting CRAZY buzz over that joint 'Honor Me'. They tell me they really dig it.

SoldyaMuzik:What made you pick up a mic and get busy?

R.D.B.: I've always felt like music was my calling, whether it be emceeing or producing.

SoldyaMuzik:Who were your influences to get into music?

R.D.B.: Wu-Tang Clan, Redman, UGK, and N.W.A.

SoldyaMuzik:Are you on a label? If so let us know.....

R.D.B.: I'm a FREE AGENT yall! I have a 'word-of-mouth' street label like many other local artists out here called Ballin Company. That's my team. But other than that, if you talking some serious business get at me.

SoldyaMuzik:Any new projects coming out? Any features?

R.D.B.: My album SELF-EXPLANATORY is due out early next year. I have many features lined up and others that are still in the works. Let's see, I got Cool Breeze on there... man, I gotta stay quiet about the some of the other features, but I do have some industry figures on my album. It's going to be hard. Yall look out for me!

SoldyaMuzik:Are you disapointed in HipHop nower days or impressed with it?

R.D.B.: I'm a little bit of both. It's sad what we as the Hip Hop community have allowed major labels to turn our culture into. One hit wonders and ringtone artists are flooding the market just to get on. And the sad thing is, they have no plans of sustainment. Don't get me wrong, there are some true artists and emcees out there, but they don't get their proper shine.

SoldyaMuzik:Name a Golden year in hiphop in your opinion?

R.D.B.: 1996. Alot of classic albums came out around that time. Pac, Biggie, B.O.N.E. Thugs. That was the year that nothing mattered but good music.

SoldyaMuzik:How would you describe your style of hiphop?

R.D.B.: I've been told that I sound similar to a Young Jeezy, Pimp-C, Slim Thug type rapper. That's a huge compliment in my book.

SoldyaMuzik:Whats your goal for the hiphop game?

R.D.B.: I want to make a name for myself musically and hopefully expand my style into other genres of music and work with other people.



SoldyaMuzik:Does your agenda include trying to change whats going on nowerdays?

R.D.B.: Naw, not at all. I'll leave that for the next president. Shout out to Barak Obama.

SoldyaMuzik:Does Roscoe Da Balla have any cross over tracks?

R.D.B.: Mos definitely. I'm actually in the process of clearing a sample by Imogen Heap. Now that's gangsta!

SoldyaMuzik:If you had to compare yourself to any 2 rappers dead or alive ..who would they be?

R.D.B.: I'd say either Young Jeezy or Paul Wall. I think my swag got em both though, no hate.

SoldyaMuzik:Are you concerned more with global warming or the state of hiphop?

R.D.B.: Global warming. Hip Hop can't live if we can't live.

SoldyaMuzik:Does major ringtone sales make up for bad albums sales?

R.D.B.: Fortunately and unfortunately, it does.

SoldyaMuzik:And speaking of album sales ... is the internet really the reason that the music is failing?

R.D.B.: Not at all. If anything, it's kept it alive thus far. Artists need to go back to the drawing board and work on solid material with substance in hopes for a classic album.

SoldyaMuzik:Who would win in a battle ...LL Cool J in his prime or Jay Z in his hayday?

R.D.B.: It'd be a tie.

SoldyaMuzik:King of the south .... Scarface , TI , Bun B or Luda?

R.D.B.: Out of those, Scarface. But ask anybody from Texas, it's DJ SCREW... R.I.P. He's the reason why alot of Texas rappers even got on in the first place.


SoldyaMuzik:can u put those in order listed as your favorites?

R.D.B.: Bun B, Scarface, T.I., Ludacris

SoldyaMuzik:Back To The Norm.......


SoldyaMuzik:Name 1 song you've done that will have the SoldyaMuzik viewers hooked!?

R.D.B.: I have a song called 'Get Money' that's addictive in the clubs out here man. It's like when Too Short dropped 'Gettin It' or when B.G. dropped 'Bling Bling'. It just makes you want to go to the mall and BALL.

SoldyaMuzik:Thanks for hollering at us and in closing give any shoutouts...F.U.'S or whatevers clever?

R.D.B.: No hate. Shout out to all that checked out the Ballerstatus. com mixtapes and bumped my tracks among others. Big up to my wife, Donna, who without her I wouldn't have the resources to make my dreams come true, and big ups to Tha Advocate for looking out for me and seeing the true talent and grind that we got down here in the South. Already!



CHECK OUT ROSCOE DA BALL HERE !!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This nigga is nasty. I check out his page he got some heat!